City Council Meeting Info
Previous city council meetings are available for review on YouTube.
The Westmoreland City Council is proud to serve the community through management of city services, programs, employees, finances, and policies. These management duties include:
- Reviewing and approving the annual budget
- Establishing long- and short-term objectives and priorities
- Setting tax rates
- Entering into legal contracts
- Borrowing funds
- Passing ordinances and resolutions
- Modifying the city's charter
- Regulating land use through zoning laws
- Regulating business activity through licensing and regulations
- Regulating public health and safety
- Communicating policies and programs to residents
- Responding to constituent needs and complaints
- Representing the community to other cities, counts, and various levels of government
The council manages city business during public meetings. We welcome and encourage citizen attendance, discussion, and participation concerning city business. Please see below for meeting types, what can be discussed or voted on, and when citizens may participate through public comments.
All City Council meetings are held in the community meeting room at 5300 Austin Peay Highway.
|Work Study Session
||1st Thursday, Monthly at 6 p.m.
- Departmental reports are presented.
- Informal agenda is provided but any city business can be discussed.
|City Council Meeting
||3rd Thursday, Monthly at 7 p.m.
- Public comments allowed on agenda items only.
- After agenda is approved, no other items can be added for discussion or vote.
- Citizens must request and submit a form at City Hall to have a topic added to the agenda.
- Deadline for agenda addition request - 12:00 p.m., 2nd Thursday each month.
|Special Called Meeting
- Called only when an issue, if delayed to the next scheduled city council meeting, could cause disruption of city services or city business.
- The Mayor or two Aldermen can request a special meeting.
- No other business can be considered at these meetings.
*All Westmoreland city council meetings are open to the public and minutes are recorded as mandated by the Tennessee Open Meetings Act (T.C.A. § 8-44-101).
City Council Meeting Minutes
Minutes for the city council meetings are approved at the following month's city council meeting. Approved minutes are posted below, by year, in PDF format.